Monday, September 28, 2009

Late Night Drama

Ever heard the expression, "Could make a mountain out of a molehill?" :) Yup, that expression was invented for the female half of the Parry family.

It was late at night a few weeks ago. I was dozing in my room one minute and wondering why I was seeing red the next. Sitting up to discern whether I was dreaming or had entered the Twilight Zone, I realized that the flashing red lights on my wall were of the "standard issue" variety. Peering inquisitively through the blinds like any busybody would, I saw a fire truck, a cop car, and an ambulance-- all with their lights going, no sound, and no one in sight.

Now remember everyone, I am female-- so I immediately rushed to make sure Kelly and Brian were in on it.

In a nutshell, that was the next thirty minutes of our lives. Once it was determined that my bedroom was the key vantage point, me and Kelly halved our time between peeking out between the blinds and speculating. "Maybe someone died." "Maybe someone's dying." "They'd turn on the sirens for that." "Maybe it's a drug addict." "Maybe it's a suicide attempt." "Maybe someone finally found Carmen Sandiego." "Maybe they found Waldo-- I always wondered why everyone was looking for him."

Ok, the last two I made up. Meanwhile, Brian would cycle in telling us what idiots we were and to go back to bed.

Tch. As if.

So about twenty minutes into the affair, they wheel some heavy looking guy out of the building next to ours, with no great rush, but what looked like to be a neck brace. Kelly stealthily ghosted the blind up so her level 80 nosy neighbor skillz were apparent, while I brazenly pried the blinds as far apart as they would go (I got smacked and scolded for that).

I could feel the paramedics roll their eyes at us.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that totally sounds like something you guys would do! :) well maybe it really was Waldo, in disguise....

    ReplyDelete